My Pregnancy

pregnancy calendar

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Movies and more...


Wren went to her first movie on Friday with Aunt Kathryn, Aunt Valerie, Jeremiah and me. We went and saw State of Play. I wanted to break her in slowly and not take her to a huge action packed movie that was super loud and she actually did really well... considering... I had pumped right before we left to go to the movie and then fed her a bottle right as the movie was starting. When she got done with the bottle (in record time), I sat her up to burp her and half of the bottle had dripped out onto the burp rag!! So, she was still hungry for most of the movie and I had nothing to soothe her with! She sucked on her binks and Aunt Valerie held her for the majority of the movie and she actually only squealed 2 or 3 times so I am very proud of her and she is cleared to go to other movies! I know, people with no children hate me, but what can I do?? :)

We also went to the Art Museum of Idaho Falls on Friday to see art work that Drew had on display there. It was pretty awesome of him. It was a polar bear and it was amazing!! We all then went out and ate at Bajio. Kevin and Kali don't often go out with us so it was nice to have them there. Mom and Grandma Aldridge also came with Valerie and her kids, Kathryn and Me with Wren.

Jeremiah got up with Wren all of last night and I feel like a new person today. I do wish that he could do it for a couple of weeks but I guess that would mean that I would need to get a full time job so I am okay with him doing it on Saturday nights! ;) I was pretty stressed out when I finally went to bed at 3 a.m. because I was worried that I would wake up whenever she cried, but I did not hear one sound until 11 a.m. and then I just rolled over and went back to sleep for another 30 minutes!! It was great! When I went to bed Jeremiah was asleep on the recliner with Wren on his chest. I was worried that she was going to roll right off of him and fall on the floor! That was after I asked him to not sleep with her on the couch all cuddled up next to him 'cause I didn't want him to suffocate her. Although, I do it all the time (sleep on the couch with her, not suffocate her!!!)! So that was another thing that I thought would hinder my sleeping abilities... not so much at all!!! Jeremiah did tell me later today that he would wake up whenever Wren made any noise at all, even a sigh because he was worried that she was going to suffocate or stop breathing. I told him that he probably needed to spend more time with her at night so that he could get used to her sleeping noises and it would also make it a lot easier to sleep if you are a little more deprived! I am very grateful that he is willing to be so involved with her and so willing to help me whenever I need it. He is the best husband and father that I could have ever imagined!

No comments: