My Pregnancy

pregnancy calendar

Monday, November 2, 2009

Way to long....

Okay, so it has been way to long since I last updated my blog and I have no good excuse... I have actually been waiting to upload pictures to my new computer but still haven't gotten around to doing it so this will be a pictureless entry!

This summer was crazy busy! We went to the Tracy Family Reunion, the Mike and Leda Hathaway Family Reunion and the Mike and Lorraine Hathaway Family Reunion all within about a week of each other. They were all a blast but my favorite was, of course, my families reunion. We went to the WorldMark resort at Wolf Creek in Utah and our family is just getting SO big! We had to have 3 condos and we all did a fair bit of walking! There was tons of yummy food, games that we played and swimming. The most surprising thing that came from this reunion was that I discovered that I really love to play racquetball!! I am not very good at it (YET) but I want to get better. It is quite the workout and fun to do.

Wren was held pretty much the entire reunion (By Grandma Aldridge!) and so when we got home, she was S.P.O.I.L.E.D! She was kind of driving me crazy (like making me want to scream into a pillow kind of crazy) and I thought that maybe on top of me not holding her 24-7 she was not feeling well also. So about 3 days after we got home I felt her gums and sure enough, there was a little tiny tooth trying to poke through. Well, add that into the equation and I thought that she was actually being really good!! She now has two little teeth and I think that she looks sooooo darn cute with them!

In October, Kathryn invited Valerie and I to go to Disneyland with her because she was taking Drew and Audrey for their 8th birthday. OF COURSE we both went and it was fantastic!! We had quite the adventure, starting with me driving down all by myself 3 days before the rest of the party came so that I could drop Wren off with Blair and Paige and hopefully get her settled in before abandoning her. Mom couldn't believe that I would leave her and I have to admit that it was WAY harder than I imagined that it was going to be. Yes, I cried! Isabella did ride down with me and was supposed to help me with Wren but really it mostly came down to her getting to watch movies and eat at McDonald's on the way down! :) She was really cute though and I loved having her with me. I then met the rest of the party at Mike and Jackie's house in Vegas and we took off for California. Valerie got her apples confiscated at the California border then remembered that she had 2 more in her purse and ate them with great satisfaction to the amusement of Kathryn and I. We went straight to Disneyland the first day and Drew was completely convinced that it was a water park and was a little confused as to why we were not getting in our swimsuits!!! That boy was so hyped about going that on the drive there, we stopped at McDonald's and he was literally climbing on the tables! It was awesome. We finally took a break at around 5:00 p.m. and realized that since about 11:00 that morning we had neither fed nor "watered" the kids... I guess that we were really excited to be there also! There was so much fun stuff that we did while we were there and so many times that we were able to laugh at Valerie... Seriously, of all of the girls in our family, I would have to say that I am the most hot tempered and get irritated about things way quicker than the rest. On this trip, it was ALL Valerie! :) It was great fun to just sit back and watch the crazy roll off of her!! hehe, love you Val! She even cried at one point and the kids were flabbergasted as to what the heck was going on even though she was upset "for them". I will have to post more on the Disneyland subject when I finally get my pictures loaded.

Wren is still a wonderful baby. She sleeps through the night, usually for up to 13 hours. We have broken her of waking up in the night to have us put her pacifier back in her mouth. That only took one night of her (and me) crying for 2 1/2 hours straight. I am glad that it has not happened since because it really truly nearly broke my heart. It was completely worth it though. Now she will also go to sleep without being rocked for nap times also. There are times that I really miss that but it is such a blessing to be able to just lay her down, have her smile up at me, roll over and go to sleep. I also miss her sleeping in our bed with us. She sleeps better in her own bed but I really did love waking up to see her looking over at me and smiling when she saw that I was awake!!

Some of the funny things that she does now are still the fake coughing, she will do one real one and then it is all fake after that! Sometimes that also segues into fake laughing which I think is hilarious! She still loves the bathtub and now that she can sit up on her own she loves it even more, if possible. She discovered splashing and I can't even get mad at her because she has this look of pure bliss on her face as she does it! She has only had two diaper rashes, neither that have lasted very long or been very traumatic. She stands up (with my assistance at her insistence) holding on to couches or her walker/toy but is not very good at getting back down and usually just takes a nose dive and ends up hitting her head on the toy as well as the ground. She is really good at eating now and has decided that she does indeed like peas and green beans! The only thing that she has ever turned her head away from is red potatoes that came from Johnny Carino's and I think that it was because there was just to much "stuff" in them!

So that is pretty much all that has been going on and hopefully I will remember more detailed stuff once I find my pictures and then I will be able to update some more!! YAY!

2 comments:

Jake and Laura Eames said...

So fun!!! I love watching them grow and learn new things and you are right it is so hard to be mad at them because they are just so darn cute. Sounds like you are enjoying motherhood as much as I am.

Shy said...

You finally updated!!!! YAY!!! Let's play raquetball when Scott is off next!