My Pregnancy

pregnancy calendar

Monday, December 7, 2009

just rambling....

so.... being a mom is HARD!! The thing that I think is the hardest is the worries that go along with being a parent. I don't know how my parents survived me! I was a terrible teen and I am terrified of Wren becoming me as she gets older. She is such a blessing to me and to Jeremiah but I know that it will always be hard to be a parent. Even now I wonder if I am doing it right. Am I feeding her the right things at the right time, are the bottles that I give her the right amount, do I put her down for naps at the right times? Do I put her to bed at the right time of night and get her up at the right time in the morning - sometimes it is afternoon before she wakes up? Do I give her enough baths, not enough baths? Do I play with her enough, do I read to her enough, does she feel loved? Is she doing the things developmentally that she should be doing? Is she falling behind? Should I worry if she is falling behind? All of these things are things that stress me out. However, I look at her everyday and wonder how I ever lived without her in my life. She is my sunshine and my life.

2 comments:

Jake and Laura Eames said...

Missed this post this morning just got around to reading it this afternoon! I think you just voiced the question that every good mother asks herself daily. Jake and I have decided that we have to not stress so much but enjoy everything and never take it for granted. Also do what feels right for you and Jer. It will all work out for the best. If she is a happy baby then you are doing something right. Hang in there you are now a parent for the rest of your life. Enjoy it. :) she does have a sunny smile.

Valerie said...

i 100% agree with laura. EVERY parent worries about all those things (and more). you are doing a great job. the kid is so cute and adorable and happy. and every child/family is different. you have to do what feels right for the three of you without comparing yourself with others. no one's situation is the same. i would be more worried about you being a good parent if you WEREN'T worried about all those things. this way, i can clearly see you care! i love you - and again - you're a great mom!