My Pregnancy

pregnancy calendar

Sunday, February 6, 2011

New Bed Drama

We got Wren a toddler bed since there is going to be a new baby in the house! She was so excited about it, she played on it all afternoon while it was out in the living room and when we first put it in her room. However, when bedtime came around she decided that it was not as fun! She cried, and got up and banged on the door (we live in an old house and she can't open the bedroom doors), when we went to put her back to bed and left the door open a crack she would come right back out. I tried doing the super nanny thing and sat in there with my back to her but that didn't matter to her, I was someone to talk to - she is such a chatty kathy! So, after 15 minutes of that I left and shut the door tightly behind me. She cried and cried (screaming for "mommy" which broke my heart), we could hear her get up and play with the door, but she finally quieted down and when we went to check on her she was laying in bed asleep. Nap time was hard also, even though she has blackout blinds on her windows it is not THAT dark in there. I stayed in there for 15 minutes again and she was sleeping, or so I thought so I got up and left. That was a disaster! Immediately the screaming and crying began again so I just walked away. She of course got out of bed and came banging on the door. Jeremiah went in and put her in bed then shut the door tightly. Once again she cried and cried but went to sleep fairly quickly after that.

Tonight we did not hear her get out of bed although there was crying, but there is usually crying at bedtime so it was not as hard on us parents.

Jeremiah and I were talking yesterday about how we have lucked out with what a good baby Wren is. I would say this is another example of that, she is a very adaptable little baby. Some other examples of this is when I stopped rocking her to sleep and just put her to bed at bedtimes, when we stopped going into her room and giving her her pacifier during the night, when we took her pacifier away. All of these things only took her a day, maybe a day and a half to get used to these changes! I love this baby and am so grateful for all of the person that she is!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: