My Pregnancy

pregnancy calendar

Friday, July 24, 2009

Garage Sales.....

So, Mom, Valerie, Shyanne and I decided to get together and have the "annual" garage sale at my house on July 10th and 11th. We had soooo much fun doing it and had so much stuff left over that we decided to do ANOTHER one the next weekend! That one we held at Valerie's house and both weekends we made about $1000.00!
Wren did not enjoy the garage sale experience. The first weekend on Friday she was perfect. Grandma Aldridge came and just held her most of the day so that was a huge help but on Saturday, I think that she got way to hot and was just miserable most of the day. I had been up making bows to sell and getting all the last minute things done on Thursday night and so I ended up not getting any sleep at all so by the time things wrapped up on Friday I was pretty much worn out! I just sat in the recliner with the blinds open and slept the rest of the day. Waking up occasionally when people would come to buy stuff. We seriously still had people coming by at 10:30 p.m.!! How ridiculous, they couldn't even see the stuff! Luckily, we learned our lesson and covered everything when we were at Val's the next weekend!
Here is Mom, Val and Shy under the canopy staying "cool" in the shade.


The kids were all pretty good, mom set up this train track and let them play with that and Isaac especially loved that.... Ethan just loved to destroy it! He is a little like Stitch in the Disney movie "Lilo and Stitch"!


This was the best purchase that I made at the garage sale :)

By the time we were done on Saturday all the kids were blazin' hot so I put the water on the lawn and off came the clothes! Then we were loading up the tables to take back to the church and they thought that Grandma's suburban was the funnest toy EVER!! I'm not sure why, it was hotter in there than it was outside!

After we got the tables taken back and everything put in the trailer, we all (Mom, Dad, Grandma Aldridge, Valerie, Bella, Isaac, Ethan, Me, Jeremiah and Wren) went and ate at Garcia's the first weekend and the last weekend Valerie made us dinner!! It was delicious!

Boy, am I glad that is over with!




No comments: