My Pregnancy

pregnancy calendar

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ultrasound

Okay, I am posting like crazy today!

Yesterday we had an appointment for a 3D ultrasound at 9:30 a.m. I called Valerie and invited her to come but she didn't want to bring all the kids and couldn't find a sitter for that time of day. So I told her that I would like to take Isabella. I went and picked her up and we all headed over to Rosemark and got back in the room. The technician (Darla) lathered me up with the gel they use and put the sensor thingee on my tummy and immediately said, well this isn't going to be a very productive ultrasound. Miss thing is turned all wrong, she is in the breech position so we couldn't get a good picture of her face. Apparently the anterior wall is in the way and there was not enough fluid between the wall and her face to get a good pic. We were able to get a half decent picture of her chin and lips. Her nose looks HUGE!! We then asked her to check and make sure that it was still a girl :) so she had to poke around to get her to move her legs (oh, her bladder was also full so Darla says "well, with as much as she is holding it right now, she should be really easy to potty train" lets keep our fingers crossed!) and sure enough, she is still a girl! Darla points at some random fuzzy thing on the monitor and says "Labia, Clitoris, Labia". It was cute.

Bella thought that the baby looked kind of weird and when I showed the picture to Isaac he agreed with that assessment and said "are you sure this is the baby you want?" heehee! I don't think we have a choice at this point!

No comments: