My Pregnancy

pregnancy calendar

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Wren's Blessing

Wren was so great for her blessing!!



I was not so sure that all was going to go as well as it did. She started her day off waking up at 9:30 a.m. Well, I had to wake her up because she was just soooo tired!! Then she ate and got dressed and off we went to church an hour late! Luckily we have reverse schedule so we hadn't missed the slot for her blessing. She was so tired from eating and riding for 10 minutes in the car by the time we got to the church she was screaming her head off! So, Jeremiah went down to the clerks office to do the paperwork needed and I walked around trying to get her to sleep. She never really went to sleep and was pretty fussy up until Jeremiah took her to give her the blessing. Then she was perfect. Jeremiah said that she just laid there and looked around at all of the people who were there to see her.

A lot of people came to see her, those who stood in the circle were: Jeremiah Martin, Mike Hathaway, Clyde Martin, Kevin Hathaway, Scott Hathaway, Justin Hendricks, Blair Martin, Kent Roberts, Aaron Roberts, Tom Brown, Dave Hathaway and Bishop Pete Demitropolis.

The blessing was beautiful, Jeremiah did a wonderful job. I was so happy and grateful that everyone was there for us. I know that it has been a long hard road getting to where we are. I have had a lot of moments in my life that have been rebellious and I have not understood all of the challenges that have been put in my pathway but I am so very grateful for where I am now and I know that I am the person that I am today because of those challenges and roadblocks and the way that I responded to them. I am so grateful to my parents for always being there for me and believing in me. They have not always agreed with my decisions but I have always known that they love me even though they could not accept the things that I was doing. I hope to do as good of a job raising Wren, and any other children that we are blessed with, as well as my parents raised me. I am also so very grateful for the gospel in my life. I am so grateful for the gift of repentance and for the love of my Heavenly Father. I am so thankful that Jesus gave his life that we all might have the opportunity for eternal life and to Joseph Smith for being the boy and man that he was. I am also so very grateful to Jeremiah. He is such a strength in my life and I love him so much. He is so patient with me and with Wren. He is such a wonderful father and I know that Wren loves him so much. He does so much for us and I am proud of him for going back to school and being committed to making his life and our lives better.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jake and Laura Eames said...

She looks beautiful! Glad in the end all went well. Mercedez was alot the same way! I think they pick up on MOm and dad's nervous energy. But it is amazing that the spirit can calm them so quickly. Congrats on making it to this point. The gospel is awesome.

The Jones' said...

K she looks absolutely adorable! And she can so pull off that bow!! Jerzie will be proud;) Wish I could have been up there, but I'm glad it went so well! Love you!