My Pregnancy

pregnancy calendar

Monday, March 30, 2009

reality check

Tonight as I was taking a bath I realized that I was about to be a mom... there is going to be a little tiny baby that is entirely dependent on me coming home to our house in the VERY near future. It seems so sureal to me that this is FINALLY happening. I know that I have known for 10 months that this is a reality, but it really hits me at odd moments. I think that part of the reason that it hit me tonight is that we have been "ready" for her to come for awhile. All of the bags are packed, her room is read, I haven't gotten any cute little outfits to put away so tonight, I just noticed the baby bath sitting on the edge of the tub and bam, I'm really going to be a mother. Then I start to freak out about how am I ever going to be able to do this???!?!?! I know that I will though. I have a fantastic husband who loves me and takes such good care of me and I have a Heavenly Father who knows me and loves me and only wants the best for me who will be there for me whenever I need him. These are the things that I really have to keep in mind and they are the things that keep me going when I start to freak out.

3 comments:

Steve and Katie said...

you and J are going to be great parents!!! Just remember that it's totally normal and okay to freak out! Get it all out that day, and move on for as long as you can handle it and repeat :) It's a whole new life to add to the family and i'm sure you have heard all of this from your wise and all knowing brother's and sister's. Everything changes and it takes time to get back into the flow of things. I cried ALOT, it really helped. I also had ALOT of help from family so I could get sleep and function a little better. I can't wait to see this baby!!! You'll do great.

David and Melissa Belnap said...

Shauna, you are going to be a fantastic mom!! I don't think anyone is prepared...but all of the sudden, something just clicks, and your "motherly-intuition" just kicks in!! It really is the most amazing thing ever...to be a mom...and somehow, the second you become one, you don't remember that you have no idea what you are doing!!! :) I know you have a TON of help around, but if you ever need even a minute or two to sleep, or even just to chat, you can call me!!

David and Melissa Belnap said...

P.S We will be thinking about you tomorrow!! Hope she comes out!!! :) hee hee!