My Pregnancy

pregnancy calendar

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

March 31, 2009


Today is the day that we are going into the hospital to start the cervidil to get things going on delivery. Jeremiah worked most of the day but was home by about 3:30 p.m. so that he could shower and finish up the list of things that I had for him to do. We then decided to go and get something yummy to eat since I probably would not be eating again for awhile. We called the hospital to let them know that we were going to be a little late getting there because we didn't want to have to eat fast food. We ate at Johnny Carinos which was delicious and ended up at the hospital at about 6:30.

Our room was not ready when we got there because they wanted us to have a "big room" since we were staying the night and they could save the smaller rooms for people who were actually going into labor. So we hung out in the waiting room watching tv, making phone calls and I wrote a couple of thank you notes. They finally got the room cleaned and we were in there at about 7:30 p.m. Isabella and Isaac really wanted to come and see me when we got to the hospital so I called Val to let her know that we were in the room and she could come up whenever.

They started the cervidil at about 8:00 p.m. and got me all hooked up to the monitors so that they could keep track of the baby's heartbeat and my contractions. The chair that was in the room was broken so the nurse brought a cot for Jeremiah to sleep on. It was the smallest cot that I had ever seen. Only about 2 feet wide!! plus there were a couple of springs that were broken so if he rolled over to either side of the cot, he was going to be stabbed!! So, the nurse brought in a second chair that she said was better than the first. HA!! it had a hole in it where the lever to put the chair back in a reclining position was supposed to be and he could not pull it out manually so he ended up sleeping on the cot.

Isabella and Isaac were very cute when they got there. Valerie said that on the ride over she was explaining to them that they baby was not here yet so they were just going to be seeing me. Isaac started crying and said that he just really really wanted to see the baby! You and me both buddy! :) Isaac was also running up and down the length of the room and when he would come near the wall he would "yell" in a whispery voice "whoa slow down, ahhhhhhh!" It was hilarious! Jeremiah made them some "balloons" out of the surgical gloves they had hanging on the wall then drew faces on them so that they looked like people. Both of the kids hugged and kissed "the baby" (aka my tummy) goodbye before they left.

After they had left, the nurse brought me an ambien so that I could sleep through the night but really all it did was make me feel heavy in the head. By this time the cervidil had started its work and I was cramping pretty good. I tried really hard to sleep but had to keep getting up and going to the bathroom and Jeremiah was great. Because I was hooked up to a machine for monitoring everytime I had to go to the bathroom Jeremiah had to get up with me, unhook me from the machine, and follow me to the bathroom and then hook me back up. At one point I apologized for having to go so much and he told me just stop apologizing, this is what I am here for! :) I thought that was very sweet of him! So he did not get a whole lot of sleep between me going potty and his super comfy bed!!



Here I am hooked up to the monitors. The pink band is the monitor for the heartbeat and the blue band is measuring my contractions. They did it that way because I am having a girl so the pink band was for the baby! :) cute huh!


I look so trashed but we had only been there for about an hour when this picture was taken!


The kids loved getting up in the bed with me and jumping off or just laying there with me.
Isaac was sad when he had to leave because he wanted to stay and sleep in the bed with me!


The fun fun balloons!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Steve and Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve and Katie said...

Great fun! Good job remembering all of the details, you won't regret it. AND you were right, the pictures of Wren on facebook didn't do her justice! I loved holding her, she is so sweet!